The online ramblings of a 30-something American.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

So One Manager Says, Part 2...

This afternoon, after literally busting my cahones to get as much of the client's sites done as I could, my immediate boss, the one who came back and wasn't happy, said to me about an hour before quitting time, "Good job getting those closed, man."

Err, after I picked my jaw up off the floor, I made my usual unassuming remark, I don't take praise well. "Hey, no problem, I'm just glad that blah blah".

Funny, I found out later when he first came in that his foot was swollen badly for some reason.

By the time he complimented me he had taken a certain pain killer I know all too well.

Three cheers for the power of Vicodin!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Read my blog. Ok, ok. 33 years old, twice divorced, one kid from a previous marriage, and one cat that drives me up the wall. I'm currently working my way through college, where I plan to get my BA in Music Business, and then my Master's in Composition after. I have been a musician as long as I can remember, but my parents did their best to stop me from becoming a professional musician. Oh, and I have yet to meet a woman that isn't a flaky bitch.