The online ramblings of a 30-something American.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Chronicles of an Ex-Smoker, Part 3

Hmmmmm, interesting.

I'm totally fine, and was totally fine yesterday. For some reason, when I wrote Monday's blog I just felt like someone had gone to work on me with a sledgehammer, as I stated before.

Very strange indeed. But that's as far as I want to question it right now, because to do so might ruin a good thing. So I'll hark back to yesterday instead...

Yesterday I explained this odd shift in physical pain to my oldest friend of 27 years, his response:

"I dunno, maybe you're some kind of stress junkie. I do know you need a vacation, and I'm not talking about some lame drive through Texas. You need to get out of the country for about a week if you can help it."

Now, he knows I don't have the money to spend on that sort of thing, he was just trying to lighten the mood, and get me to dream a bit. Pipe dreaming is a good escape, as long as you don't take the pipe dream too seriously.

I do readily admit that I'm more prone to being inflicted by stress than others. It's something I bottle up, or just whine about from time to time. I really hate that part of myself. If I knew how to shed it, I would have done so by now.

If the old addage "mellow with age" is true, then I guess I have a few things to look forward to.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Read my blog. Ok, ok. 33 years old, twice divorced, one kid from a previous marriage, and one cat that drives me up the wall. I'm currently working my way through college, where I plan to get my BA in Music Business, and then my Master's in Composition after. I have been a musician as long as I can remember, but my parents did their best to stop me from becoming a professional musician. Oh, and I have yet to meet a woman that isn't a flaky bitch.