The online ramblings of a 30-something American.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

We Just Want to Keep On...

Well, today turned to shit. I guess I wished too hard for something to do.

My best friend from high school just phoned me to notify me one of his sisters, whom I know, passed away. One of his cousins was also killed in Afghanistan last week.

I hope someone is with him right now. I know no details of the death, other than a form of cancer, which I won't disclose here.

All I could do was dumbely ask the question, "What?? WHAT???" over and over again on the phone. Then that horrible silence sets in. It was an awful moment.

What can you say to someone you've known almost 20 years to something like that? "I'm sorry," just fucking sucks. I think I uttered a few, heartbroken things like "Fuck, man..." and "Holy shit..."

I feel horrible for him. And I have no way of getting to him to stand by him. I was there when his Dad passed away, but that was here. The funeral will probably be in California.

Anyway, the conversation ended because he was unable to speak at that point, and said, "I can't take anymore, I'll call you back", like he always does. He called back, but he was at an airport and kept breaking up. We were disconnected a second time.

I hope he's all right.

Seems that nothing's going right for the people I care about the most, right now.

*very long sigh*

I feel like crying. R.I.P., Julia.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Read my blog. Ok, ok. 33 years old, twice divorced, one kid from a previous marriage, and one cat that drives me up the wall. I'm currently working my way through college, where I plan to get my BA in Music Business, and then my Master's in Composition after. I have been a musician as long as I can remember, but my parents did their best to stop me from becoming a professional musician. Oh, and I have yet to meet a woman that isn't a flaky bitch.