The online ramblings of a 30-something American.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

To People Who Are Miserable ***** In The Morning...

This blog is a full, wide-open, no-holds-barred rant, aimed at those who -- for whatever reason -- seem to not realize the value of a good night's sleep, yet feel special enough to take it out on others.

I don't care who you are, you can SOD the fuck off.

Most of us call you in the morning, trying to be as cheery as possible, because we know we're dealing with grogginess. Answering a phone half-asleep is one thing...tearing those of us new assholes because we called is NOT good common practice.

You know what? Maybe I should call you over and over and over. Perhaps that will jar your memory that I am supposedly someone you care about.

And it isn't just phone calls, I live with someone who lives for having a bad attitude in the morning.

I say to you who act this way, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? Life is DIFFICULT ENOUGH without being a bitch/asshole to your loved ones early in the morning...let me spell it out for you even more clearly...

YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY GOD-GIVEN RIGHT TO BEHAVE LIKE A SHITASS JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE JUST WOKEN UP.

If you are ill, that is different, you feel that way all day, so I know you're not faking it. But if you are just risen from bed, that's your own godamn problem.

It's very simple. Go to bed earlier if you can't deal wih getting up in the morning.

Maybe I should start warning new friends ahead of time -- "I am an early morning riser, typically. If you have a bad attitude when you get up, do me a favor...go crawl in a fucking hole somewhere, because I don't want to see you, hear you, even feel your presence near me."

Even those of us who NORMALLY get a decent night's rest, who occassionally come in a little tired, know NOT to be shitty to others, and we go out of our way to at least FAKE niceness in the morning. You don't grasp that.

No one likes unnecessary rudeness...and you people who show it early in the morning make it just that much worse for the rest of us...you really do...you add misery to a fucking day, whether it be at work, at home, over the phone, whatever. Making the rest of us suffer because you don't seem to grasp the concept that going to bed 2 hours before you have to go to work/get out of bed is generally a BAD idea for most human beings. Oh, and saying "Man, sorry about that, I just wasn't awake...I only had 3 hours of sleep last night" like you are proud of it is NOT acceptable, either.

Thank you for adding your crap to the gene pool...you people are really something special.

Piss off. I mean that, sincerely.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Read my blog. Ok, ok. 33 years old, twice divorced, one kid from a previous marriage, and one cat that drives me up the wall. I'm currently working my way through college, where I plan to get my BA in Music Business, and then my Master's in Composition after. I have been a musician as long as I can remember, but my parents did their best to stop me from becoming a professional musician. Oh, and I have yet to meet a woman that isn't a flaky bitch.