The online ramblings of a 30-something American.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

I Hate This City...

...I hate just about everything about it. Once upon a time, I had very few reasons to actually hate it. Now I can't stand leaving my house. Traffic is the first thing that gets me fired up, and is 5 times out of 10, usually the last thing too.

Twin-cities, ever-expanding into a yuppie hell, while the cores of the cities rot further.

I've tried to look within myself, since I was born here...and find my old 'pride' in this place...it's really not there anymore. No amount of local history makes any real difference. I can't understand how or why anyone who moved here from up North can stand this place, much less actually admit they like it. I can't wait to leave it...to find some podunk town to settle down in...in peace and quiet...away from the abnormal congestion of life.

I don't necessarily need a big house or a 5-acre estate. You can have those things in the city and still deal with the hassle of feeling like you're in a sardine can. No...I just need distance.

Put another way, I think I understand why Obi-Wan Kenobi lived out in the Dune Sea...and it had NOTHING to do with watching over Luke or hiding his Force-signature from Darth Vader...

1 comment:

Ali said...

the sunrises and sunsets are rivaled by few

having no state income tax is nice, as is the much lower cost of living

the Mexican food is better, as are the margaritas

you really don't have to leave the state to do whatever it is you want to do (see snow, go mountain climbing, surf in the ocean, etc)

the sardine lifestyle DOES lend to conveniences you don't have up North, like grocery stores within a 5 minute walk, let alone drive

Um, beyond that, I got nuttin

About Me

My photo
Read my blog. Ok, ok. 33 years old, twice divorced, one kid from a previous marriage, and one cat that drives me up the wall. I'm currently working my way through college, where I plan to get my BA in Music Business, and then my Master's in Composition after. I have been a musician as long as I can remember, but my parents did their best to stop me from becoming a professional musician. Oh, and I have yet to meet a woman that isn't a flaky bitch.