The online ramblings of a 30-something American.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Today's "Notes"

Ever have a day when you get so pent up full of emotion that all you want to do is come home and cry?

I had one of those days today. Then, when you actually get home, you can't cry.

I often wonder about days like today.

I guess I can't put my finger on one specific thing, maybe the day overall was full of negative energy.

Maybe I just held my frustration in so long that by the time I came home, the time to cleanse my emotions had simply passed. Something about getting into your car and heading home after a bad day somehow calms your inner senses.

Who knows.

But I noticed something I remembered seeing from my early days at my current place of work, and I really will miss it when the company moves in January.

As you exit the highway and loop under to head east, there's the backside of a long row of houses just off the highway, each one with picket fences -- a very long line of them -- all the way to the Grubbs dealership.

One house in particular I always notice. I always look at it. From the picket fence to the curb of the service road (quite a bit of space), every year the person that owns this house grows a quite impressive garden. I always notice the corn stalks. Naturally, the garden is in its decline this time of year.

Simple things like this I hope to get to enjoy someday. Making things grow was tedious but rewarding when I was a kid, but wow, I really learned how to raise some nice cucumbers. Gardening your own vegetables is a wonderful hobby. To the person that does it every year outside that house, thank you, for making me remember that there still are many things in life for me to look forward to.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Read my blog. Ok, ok. 33 years old, twice divorced, one kid from a previous marriage, and one cat that drives me up the wall. I'm currently working my way through college, where I plan to get my BA in Music Business, and then my Master's in Composition after. I have been a musician as long as I can remember, but my parents did their best to stop me from becoming a professional musician. Oh, and I have yet to meet a woman that isn't a flaky bitch.